Before the flight
- Please arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure to allow time for check-in. You will find the correct check-in desks for your flight displayed on the airport monitors. Check-in is completed 40 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the flight at Vilnius Airport . Please check other airports information about check-in deadlines. You must allow ample time to comply with the check-in deadlines and perform all formalities related to the flight. We reserve the right to cancel your reservation and refuse to carry you without providing any compensation if you do not comply with the check-in deadlines indicated. You are considered to have checked-in for the flight when you receive a boarding pass.
- You must be present at the boarding gate not later than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the flight. Information about your boarding gate is available from the airport information service. Make sure you follow the airport announcements about the time it takes to get to your gate. If you arrive at your boarding gate later than specified above, you will not be permitted on board the aircraft and will not receive any compensation.
- We may cancel the space reserved for you if you fail to arrive at the boarding gate in time. When the boarding gate is closed, boarding of the aircraft is not possible.
- We will not be liable for any loss or expense incurred due to your failure to comply with the deadlines stated above, i.e. if you arrive late for check-in or at the boarding gate.
- Passengers proceed to the gate area through security checkpoints. Security control of airline passengers is the responsibility of the aviation authorities and the airports.
- Before the security check you must present proof of your intention to travel - a boarding pass issued at the check-in desk.
- You are required to place your overcoats, jackets and belts on the conveyer belt for x-ray inspection. Jewellery, watches, coins, wallets, pens, keys and mobile phones should be put in your carry-on bag or jacket pocket. High-heeled shoes often contain a substantial amount of metal, so shoes should also be taken off for x-ray scanning. The security inspectors also inspect the inside of waistbands on pants and skirts for prohibited substances.
- A laptop computer must be taken out of its case and placed on the belt separately from the rest of your carry-on baggage.
- You are allowed to carry liquids in containers no larger than 100 ml each, packed in one transparent, maximum 1-litre, re-sealable plastic bag. The plastic bag must be presented separately at the security check.
Passport and visa
- You are required to be able to prove your identity with a travel document on the different stages of your journey (departure, transit and arrival). However, different countries and regions may require different types of travel documents. Some countries may also require additional information and travel documents, the most common of which is a visa. Small Planet Airlines is not liable for the consequences of failure to possess the necessary documents and/or visas.
- When taking an international flight always make sure that you are carrying the necessary documentation for the country you are going to. Such documentation includes valid passport, when necessary a valid visa, exit permit, etc. Every country has its own rules for visitors of various nationalities. When visiting certain countries, for example, your passport has to be valid for at least another six months following your return to the country of origin.
- Immigration controls no longer apply between the Schengen countries. However, you should still take your valid passport or national picture identity card (ID) card with you as a means of identification.
- Schengen countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway (non EU-member), Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland (non EU-member).
Tickets and fares
- Ticket means a material or electronic document (Booking confirmation) that entitles you to travel on a particular flight. We will provide carriage only to the passenger named in the ticket and/or the List of Passengers. During check-in you will be asked to provide a document verifying your identity.
- Ticket purchased is not transferable. Only the person named on the ticket and/or in the List of Passengers is permitted to travel using the ticket.
- The ticket in non-refundable, i.e., the passenger may not return his ticket to us and request a refund.
- The ticket is valid only for the flights and dates specified in the ticket.
- Ticket issued by the tour operator is valid provided that the tour operator pays us for the charter flight or the block booking of seats and duly fulfils all the other obligations under the contract concluded with us.
- Fares apply only to carriage from the airport of origin to the airport of destination. Your fare will be calculated in accordance with our tariff for travel on the specific dates and the itinerary shown on it. Should you change your itinerary or dates of travel, this may affect the fare to be paid and may incur payment of additional fees.
- The price of the ticket may include taxes, fees and charges imposed by government, other authority or by the operator of an airport (e.g., airport fees). During ticket purchase you will be informed about the taxes, service fees and charges you will have to pay.
- Fares, taxes, fees and charges are payable in the currency of the country in which the ticket is purchased, unless another currency is indicated by us or tour operator during the payment or prior to the payment.
Families with children
- The passenger who has not reached his/her 2nd birthday travels as infant. Infant must be accompanied by an adult. If you book an infant ticket he/she will not have his/her own seat on board. However, if you need a separate seat for your baby, please book the applicable child's fare. During take-off and landing the infant shall be carried on the lap of an adult. This is the reason why one adult passenger may have only one child travelling as infant. If one parent wishes to travel with 2 infants, he must pay for additional seat as child ticket, and the older infant should be able to sit in the seat on his own. You must inform Small Planet Airlines that you will be travelling with an infant on your lap and get confirmation as number of infants on board is limited to 10 per flight.
- Children between the ages 2–11 (including) years travelling accompanied by their family member are accepted as child passengers.
- A child occupying a reserved seat has the same baggage allowance as an adult on the same flight. In the case of a child under two years of age, his/her restraint device will be considered carry-on baggage. If a child under two years of age does not have a reserved seat, he/she is allowed 10 kg of baggage to be carried in the hold of the aircraft and a folding children's pushchair (flights from/to UK – infants only get to take a pushchair and a small bag into the cabin).
- Small Planet Airlines offers an escort service for children travelling alone, which must be reserved when booking the flight and confirmed. The airline is responsible for the child travelling alone, for the duration of the flight from the departure airport to the destination.
- UM services are not available for children under 5 years of age. Persons younger than 5 years should always be accompanied by their parent/guardian. Small Planet Airlines does not allow accepting on board the passenger who has not yet reached his 5th birthday unaccompanied.
- A child from his 5th to 12th birthday not accompanied by an adult, travelling alone upon parent’s request, is considered unaccompanied minor (UM). UM service should always be provided to unaccompanied passengers.
- Young people age 12 until 16 years may travel alone if having passport, birth certificate and notarized credentials. UM service can also be requested for such passengers.
- Acceptance for carriage of unaccompanied children is subject to prior arrangement with us or the Tour Operator prior to the purchase of the ticket. The price for UM service is 35 Euro per one way flight.
- The number of unaccompanied minors is limited to six on each flight.
- When ordering UM service, the contact information of both the person seeing off the child before departure and the person meeting the child on arrival must be given. it is recommended that the transportation agreement (Handling Advice for UM) be completed carefully in advance of the flight. The person seeing off the child agrees to the terms and conditions of the Handling Advice by signing the agreement. He/she must show identification at the airport. It is also recommended that you arrive at the airport well before the flight departure in order to allow time for checking the details in the documents.
- For pregnant passengers Small Planet Airlines recommends to discuss travel plans with health care provider before leave. No restrictions for travel apply till the 27th week of pregnancy. The medical certificate, dated within 2 weeks before the flight, containing information about the duration of pregnancy, is required when traveling between 28th -35th (inclusive) weeks of pregnancy. After 34th week of pregnancy the carriage is at the woman’s own risk and Small Planet Airlines renounce any responsibility for health of the pregnant woman and child. Pregnant woman must not be accepted for air travel after the 36th week of pregnancy. Acceptance for carriage of a pregnant woman is subject to prior arrangement with Small Planet Airlines prior to the purchase of the ticket.
- Acceptance for carriage of incapacitated person or other people that require or may require special assistance is subject to prior arrangement with Small Planet Airlines or the tour operator prior to the purchase of the ticket. The agent prior to selling a ticket to such passenger must receive our confirmation about such service. At your request, we and/or our tour operator will provide all the information about our requirements and the services we provide.
- You may download full general conditions of carriage of passengers and baggage here.